Here is some feedback from our past and present students:
- "My class at Lifestyle Studios is good because the staff are really nice and make the lessons fun. For example when we worked on cooperation we used Lego which I thought was funny"
- "I've been coming to Lifestyle Studios gym for a year and it has been very enjoyable. It has been fun meeting the people that go to the gym and the staff are very nice. My attendance is now 100%"
- "I was getting into bare trouble at school and was sent to Chessbrook. As part of my timetable I had to go to Lifestyle Studios.
I liked Lifestyles straight away when I came to visit and saw they had a Football and Basketball Hall.
That’s what got me interested in the first place but the best thing for me about Lifestyles is that they really listened to me when things got bad at home and outside school.
They really helped me to get on better with my parents and manage my life outside of school.
Once I got that sorted I was able to get my school work sorted aswell. Sir always tells me I’m smarter than I think I am but I didn’t really believe him until I started getting much better grades and feedback.
That really made me feel like I could do whatever I wanted"
- "My class at Lifestyle Studios is cool because I can use the gym and the work isn't too bad!" The teachers listen to you and care about what happens to you. Even when at first I was messing about they would always talk to me about my behaviour and wher it comes from. Untill coming to lifestyles everyone just had a go at me when I done something wrong. Lifestyles helped me to realise I was just acting out and helped me develop better ways to deal with the problems I had in my life. Once I settled my mum didnt even have to get me up in the morning as I was already up and ready to go in.
Yep I smashed it!
- "I was having trouble following the rules at Longdean and was at the risk of exclusion.
My School put me on a program where I attended both school and Lifestyle Studios.
I really didn’t want to go at first but once I started it was the best thing that could have happened for me.
I settled at lifestyles really quickly. I hated written work when I got to Lifestyles but most of the time we did a sports practical before written work so I got used to completing my written work and it was often to do with my practical so didn’t seem pointless. I learnt a lot about my physical fitness through the sports course but the Maths and English support helped me a lot back at school. I also learnt how to communicate better with both adults and my peers practicing how to deescalate scenarios and take time to compose and think before expressing my feelings.
Settling at lifestyles helped me to settle at school also and I went on to do my GCSE exams aswell as my BTEC at Lifestyles.
I then went on to study at college and via work experience I actually ended up working as a T.A for lifestyles. I really enjoyed seeing young people who were just like myself when I arrived at Lifestyles and trying to help steer them in the right direction as I had been.
Lifestyles was a major step in the right direction for me"